We are looking for a Senior Translator (full-time, permanent position) to manage translations in a variety of industry sectors. The chosen applicant will be joining an existing team of over translators. The successful candidate will be a fluent in the target language and English, with a degree in translation and excellent writing skills.
1. Managing translation projects by receiving the jobs, resourcing the job and compiling the handover
2. Responsible for overall linguistic quality control in the whole process
3. Works with manager to develop action plan on quality as needed, and tracks individual Translator performance.
4. Coordination with different people to achieve project target, either internal or external resources.
5. Perform linguistic role, such as translating or reviewing
6. Managing the query raised by translator
7. Providing support and guidance on project during the whole process, including trouble shooting and problem solving
8. Leading Client complaint investigation and corrective action implement
9. Controlling and monitoring the project budget
10. Statistic analyst and project summary report required by department manager
· Quality of projects
· Productivity and throughput
· Profitability of projects
· Client satisfaction levels for your projects
· Competence with required tools
· Meeting objectives set by your Manager
· Feedback from SDL colleagues
· A minimum of 3 year experience as a full-time translator, such as an internship.
· Experience as a proof-reader of professional translations would be an advantage.
· Be able to produce work of a high standard on a consistent basis and have good organizational and time management skills.
· An eye for detail and the ability to work successfully under pressure and to tight deadlines are essential requirements.
· A good grasp of MS Office and good communication skills (spoken and written) are also mandatory.
· Should be a strong team player, who will prove flexible and motivated, as well as keen to learn.
· Working knowledge of CAT tools would be an advantage but full training will be given.
· We offer a unique opportunity for career development along with a competitive salary, benefits and a great working environment.